Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beolrad Guide to Turtle Runs

Default Beolrad Guide to Turtle Runs

I had some ask me to post my suggestions of Turtle Runs on the forum because i host them on a fairly regular basic, and there are a few key strategies I thought I'd share with the kin.

Group Formation:

- 2 Captains
    - 1 Burglar
    - 2 Tanks (1 warden, 1 guard is preferred)
    - 2 Minstrel
    - 3 or 4 dps (champ hunters and rukekeeps, ideally one of each and maybe 2 champs)
    - 1 or 2 LMs (2 LMs if you have 3 dps, 1 if you have 4 dps)
    - Groups should be evenly spread between the two groups, especially the two tanks so not to overwhelm the minstrel with having to heal to tanks.

Class requirements for killing Turtle

- Captain: Captains are needed to drop Oathbreakers right as combat begins(a 5 second countdown is appreciated so everyone have drop their big attacks during oathbreaks.) The second captain should repeat the above, right after the first captain has announced oathbreak is finished. Also captains should act as secondary healers, with shield-brother on the tanks helping heal them, and are primary rezzers.
    - Burglar: I am not always 100% sure burglars are needed for turtle, but they seem important for removing debuffs from the turtle. Unfortunately FMs do not work for the turtle.
    - Tanks: Each of the tanks are needed to bounce aggro between the two of them, communicating when to switch aggro, and when they need a break from tanking. It is very likely that one of the tanks will die during the fight, this is when the next class is needed...
    - Champs: Champs are needed to step in when on of the tanks drops, and tank while the deceased guard or warden is being rezzed (acting as a substitute tank) other than that, champs do damage, and lots of it. Two weapons are preferred as opposed to the sword and shield method.
    - Minstrels: Obviously minstrels main objective is to heal and rez when the captains rezzes are out. One key move require of the minstrels is fellowships heart. These should be dropped around 180k morale in the first group and 120K in the other group, NO EARLIER, but if the minstrel can hold off fellows heart till later, then thats great.
    - Hunters and DPS RK's: Damage Damage Damage, while not gaining to much aggro, having the turtle run around chasing hunters will be the death of your turtle group.
    - Loremasters:Regen Power of the group, minstrels and wardens power are priorities in regen'ing, the rest of the groups power comes second. Bears are the preffered pet in this fight too.

Other pointers for turtle:

- Tokens and scrolls are a must I've found, come prepared for turtle
    - Eat some food right before, helps the minstrels with some of the heals
    - Destiny points can always be used for bonus morale or power (every little bit counts)
    - Pretty much everyone should stand right underneath the turtle to avoid the turtle running around all over the place
    - Wait for the turtle to come to you before starting the fight, going out of range of the captains banners is never good

Other than that have fun, enjoy spanking that turtle, and please send all first and second age halberd's and emblems to Beolrad and see ya back in the game.

Default Re: Beolrad Guide to Turtle Runs

Excellent set of tips, Beolrad. Thank you! I'd heard you guys had some success last night and I was intensely curious about the overall plan. This looks like good stuff: I'm excited to get in on a couple successful runs to see the big guy drop.
    "It is the way of my people to use light words at such times and say less than they mean.
    We fear to say too much. It robs us of the right words when a jest is out of place."

Quote Originally Posted by beolrad
    (every little bit counts)
    Truer words were never spoke.

This guide is actually spot on. This has been the make up of most of my runs. Best part is that with one warden it make my rolls much easier for warden lootz.

Let me ask, why bears?

Ok, so the bear can act as a force taunt. That could be handy.

But, eagle gives everyone (in fellowship) an additional +60 ICPR, does more damage than the bear, and will rez the loremaster if he falls to the nasty wound.

I think you are right Gor. Using the eagle will potentially save two in-combat rezes for the LM's. I might say the raven is a good choice, but with the lack of over all fire damage the debuff might be negligible, unless you had two tanks, two LM's 2 captains, and 6 hunters using fire oil.

As for bears, I remember there being some exploit involved with bears on this instance. Not saying that is why, but I think I remember hearing something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz
    As for bears, I remember there being some exploit involved with bears on this instance. Not saying that is why, but I think I remember hearing something about it.
    Yeah, the exploit is they drive freaking Mack trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorandir
    Let me ask, why bears?

Ok, so the bear can act as a force taunt. That could be handy.

But, eagle gives everyone (in fellowship) an additional +60 ICPR, does more damage than the bear, and will rez the loremaster if he falls to the nasty wound.
    Those all seem like really good reasons to bring an eagle.
    "It is the way of my people to use light words at such times and say less than they mean.
    We fear to say too much. It robs us of the right words when a jest is out of place."

Burglar Adds:

Reveal Weakness
    Toggle skill: Increases enemy damage taken by 8%. Can be increased to 10% with a trait.

Trick Counter Defense
    Debuff: The Targets Parry, Evade and Block rating is reduced by an amount based on your level and has an additional 3.0% to Critical Hit Vulnerability.

Just reveal weakness is huge in a fight like this where you can keep it on all the time, with all 12 people gaining 10% more damage regardless of damage type they are using. Add in extra Vuln to critical hits.

This last is guessing:
    But with the turtle treating all damage the same, burglar stacking bleeds early on likely helps out more than in most other fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorandir
    Burglar Adds:

Reveal Weakness
    Toggle skill: Increases enemy damage taken by 8%. Can be increased to 10% with a trait.
    We had two Guards and a Warden on the turtle run I was on the other night, but Geiri was keeping aggro for about 90% of the time. It only got hot a couple times, but he got his rez... after that, it went kind of hazy.

If one of those tanks was a burg, that might've made the fight, 'cause we had him close.

Sans burg, aggro management becomes key.