Thread: Mirkwood Rep

Default Mirkwood Rep

I just hit 65, and I am about 1/3 on my way to Kindred with the golden boys II, but things are slowing down.

I really want to hit kindred to spend my 200+ barter items and shit, but I am not sure what is a good way to continue my journey towards kindred.

Please, oh' elite, tell this poor Smeagol good ways to get rep in the end game for Malledhrim.
    KILL TEN RATS - a measly blog about an epic MMO adventure

In the shadow of the world's largest croquet wicket.

Default Re: Mirkwood Rep

I've just been burning through quests as much as possible. There's a couple repeatable ones that are really easy, but I've been going through the quest log top to bottom and just doing every one I get to.

Edit: easiest repeatables I've found are the the one in OG where you just walk in a circle around the town checking waypoints and the one in Gathburz where you collect black badges. Those badges drop in the Defense of Dumbledor skirmish (yes, I am horrible with names) so you can do your daily skirmish quest, get the badges, and score some marks at the same time.

SURELY the DG dungeons give rep, right? right????

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog
    The quests do, but not just for killing.

I think they're getting away from the drop/kill grind and moving toward a quest-based plotty development. Less of a "You brought me five hundred necklaces! We are now best friends! You can use the stable!" to a "You killed the orc-scouts, defeated the wargs, burned down their supplies, and overthrew their chieftain! We are now best friends! You can use the stable!" model.

Which makes sense to me, I guess. It's less of a mindless, walk-in-circles grind and more of a "look for new things, move forward, progress" experience.

At any rate, Presh hit Kindred quite a tick ago totally on quests, so it can't be all that arduous of an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelin
    The quests do, but not just for killing.

I think they're getting away from the drop/kill grind and moving toward a quest-based plotty development. Less of a "You brought me five hundred necklaces! We are now best friends! You can use the stable!" to a "You killed the orc-scouts, defeated the wargs, burned down their supplies, and overthrew their chieftain! We are now best friends! You can use the stable!" model.

Which makes sense to me, I guess. It's less of a mindless, walk-in-circles grind and more of a "look for new things, move forward, progress" experience.

At any rate, Presh hit Kindred quite a tick ago totally on quests, so it can't be all that arduous of an experience.
    That's marvelous in theory, but in practice it means you can no longer progress on rep just in the regular course of doing other things (you kinda can, given the nature of the quests, but still).

I guess not having rep items taking up inventory is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelin

I guess not having rep items taking up inventory is nice.

Yeah stacks of barter items are so much better.
    KILL TEN RATS - a measly blog about an epic MMO adventure

There are more than enough quests to get to kindred w/o doing the repeatable. Remember there are hubs in the Scuttledells and the Ashenslades. I for got about the Skuttledells hub and ended up getting kindred there shortly after starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankelzahn
    Those badges drop in the Defense of Dumbledor skirmish (yes, I am horrible with names) so you can do your daily skirmish quest, get the badges, and score some marks at the same time.
    Harry Potter invades LOTRO. :P

seriously, which one is it, the ballista one? I haven't even breached acquaintance yet, which seems odd since I am nearly through book 9. partly, this is because I have been intentionally avoiding most quest completion until I create an open LI slot to start benefiting from the XP reward.
    Kuzar of Breeland, Kindred M-smith - 85 CHN
    Kelmric Rolindimir of Rohan, Kindred Tailor - 66 CPT
    Mannfredd Bojangles of the Fallohides, Kindred Jeweler / SM Cook - 66 MNS
    Targimoth of Lindon, Kindred Woodworker - 63 HNT
    Markophal of Breeland, Kindred W-smith, SM Scholar - 66 LM
    Keltu Cairnsmasher of the Grey Mountains, Kindred Scholar - 45 RK
    Kelto - 27 BRG
    Farfignugen - 22 WRD
    Linarion - 9 WRD

Yeah, you can get kindred just through quests. I hit kindred not too long ago and I haven't even burned through all the available quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravious
    Yeah stacks of barter items are so much better.
    Silly rabbit. Use those barter items to buy your crafting recipes. And then use them to buy potions. Lots and lots of potions. That's what I've been using them for. Saves me a ton on scholar mats and there's a bunch of repeatables to do so that when I need to get more, I can get more without having to craft them.