Thread: Quests in the Gap of Rohan (Heathfells)

Default Quests in the Gap of Rohan (Heathfells)

So a while back I ran into an issue with the quests in Heathfells. They dried up and disappeared. With my quest counter deed in the area at 5/30 I could not find another quest anywhere. It turns out that the NPC you have to kill for that fifth quest, called The Hound Master only drops the item you need to get every other quest in the area if you complete the quest correctly.

The quest asks you to kill the Dunlending Hound-master, which when you find him at 86.5S, 6.2W, is a static NPC surrounded by two interactive Vicious War-Hounds. You must kill the hounds near the Hound Master to activate the Hound Master, who up to this point is an NPC you cannot interact with. Once he is active, and you kill him, he will drop an item that when clicked will open a new quest that allows you to get the rest of the quests for the entire sub-region of Hesthfells.
    So endith the lesson....

Dominicco - 47 - Angry Dwarf ~ R2
    Slashy - 52 - Worst Burg in this Middle Earth ~ R3
    Healman - 42 - Elf Minstrel
    DrTeeth - 98 - OP Rune Keeper ~ R5

Slashed - Freep Spy Warg ~ R8
    Slashtwothesequal - 5 Legged Spider ~ R2
    SlashHarder - WarLeader With No Followers ~ R2
    Undefined - 3 Legged Reaver ~ R6 (oh yeah)
    BunnyFuFu - Premiere Defiler with a map to Grams ~ R6

Bit of a bottle neck...or actually 2 vicious war hounds necks and their master's neck for deserts!
    Tsudryt-Captain lv60 Tsuhhere-Champion lv22 SunnGiffu-RPHunter lv12

My Blog:tsuhelm

Weird. I don't remember that. Glad you got through it though.

My issue was as a ranged dude, I was always killing the dogs too far away from the NPCS so he never activated and thus I never got the drop that starts the next quest.

Sent from Nick's iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    So endith the lesson....

Dominicco - 47 - Angry Dwarf ~ R2
    Slashy - 52 - Worst Burg in this Middle Earth ~ R3
    Healman - 42 - Elf Minstrel
    DrTeeth - 98 - OP Rune Keeper ~ R5

Slashed - Freep Spy Warg ~ R8
    Slashtwothesequal - 5 Legged Spider ~ R2
    SlashHarder - WarLeader With No Followers ~ R2
    Undefined - 3 Legged Reaver ~ R6 (oh yeah)
    BunnyFuFu - Premiere Defiler with a map to Grams ~ R6

Heathfells, for me, was the point when the Isengard xpac started to feel pretty rough in terms of quest flow, precisely because of problems like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryandt View Post
    Heathfells, for me, was the point when the Isengard xpac started to feel pretty rough in terms of quest flow, precisely because of problems like that.
    It is dependent on drops to kick start you back onto chains...Which I think they added way back to help with broken quests....So happy they figured out how to never do quests like that again.....Or at least there after.

Stinks to, as that area is very Lore-filled and quite honestly beautiful.
    I went back after I capped my hunter and really enjoyed it, even with the frustrations that an empty quest log will give ya. :
    <-- It will never work again.....take my word even tho you can't see it. I'm awesome, my mom told me...

Main:
    Dvarin - Man - Hunter - Level 95
    Other Me's:
    Arastan - Man - Warden - Level 51 / Olino - Hobbit - Burgler - Level 51 / Zondervan - Man - Lore-Master - Level 51 / Torvifal - Dwarf - Guardian - Level 51 / Iolais - Man - Minstrel - Level 51 / Eluriun - Elf - Rune-Keeper - Level 51 / Darrwynn - Elf - Champion - Level 51