• Classes RSS Feed

by Published on 08-19-2013 07:48 AM     Number of Views: 431 
    1. Categories:
    2. Warden

Thoughts on the Warden as it pertains to grouping as to give you all an idea of what we can and can't do. I would highly encourage questions so we may learn as much as we can.

After reading a few posts on our board I thought that it would be good to give a rundown on the strengths and weaknesses of wardens as ...
    by Published on 06-17-2013 05:49 PM     Number of Views: 1609 
    1. Categories:
    2. Captain

...is pretty much untouchable. This may be one of the major reasons mounted combat is so boring for me but with the right build a mounted captain is an unstoppable force of shouty goodness.

Annecdote:
    Yesterday at level 83 I rode east out of Snowbourn hunting a couple level 85 warbands. The first I reached was a full-fellowship warband, but I had already soloed ...
    by Published on 06-17-2013 05:46 PM     Number of Views: 1397 
    1. Categories:
    2. Burglar

Iíve entertained the idea of writing a burglar guide for some time now. By no means do I consider myself to be the best burglar, or even an expert burglarÖbut I keep trying to improve my skills and save Middle Earth while Iím at it.

What is a burglar?
    So I am going to start out by defining ...
    by Published on 06-17-2013 05:44 PM     Number of Views: 599 
    1. Categories:
    2. Lore Master

The following are my thoughts about lore-mastering using the Master of Natureís Fury MoNF (red) trait line, since thatís how my lore-master, Ellanan, tends to roll.

(Subsequent posts may address the yellow or blue trait lines. If someone else wants to post on those, I would have no objection.)

I welcome corrections, disagreements and outright mockery on all of the following observations:

Basic Class Philosophy and Play

General

Lore-masters are among the squishiest of classes, with light armor plenty of inductions that are susceptible ...
    by Published on 06-16-2013 07:53 PM     Number of Views: 1006 
    1. Categories:
    2. Rune-Keeper

DrTeeth's Guide to the Rune-keeper

Before we begin.
    This guide is not meant to tell you how to play your game or character. I am neither all knowing nor know most the math that goes behind the scenes when it comes to button pushing. It is mearly meant to be a guide to show you what all you have in your bag of tricks and then to share how I use mine. The guide is not wholly complete, as I would like to get a little more involved with the Legendary Items and Legacies than I have so far and I would also like to go over the Mounted Combat skills too. I have been working on this for quite a while and wanted to get it posted before too many power outages finally kill the computer I wrote it on. So please look for updates.

Overview

The Rune-keeper is a caster class that, as a light armor wearer is very fragile but also packs a heavy punch to single targets with extremely high DPS output. The Rune-keeper is also a very tactful healer class and can switch from DPS to Healing in a relative short span of time with the right equipment on hand. The Rune-keeper uses an tiering attunement system to lean towards either DPS (Dagor-Battle), Healing (Nestad-Healing) or Steady (Thalas-Neutral) skills. Dwarfs and Elves are the two available races for the Rune-keeper class. Dwarves are usually a better call because of the bonuses you get with racial traits and some inheriant features of Dwarves. I run an Elf and I got no complaints.

Skill types:

- Lightning: These DPS skills deliver lightning (Tactical) damage and most are usable while moving.
    - Fire: These DPS skills deliver Fire damage over time (DOT).
    - Frost: These DPS skills deliver Frost damage and debuffs.
    - Healing: Skills that provide healing.
    - Steady: The skills which do not produce damage or heals, and pull your attunement toward Neutral.
    - Affinity: Skills which change depending on your elemental affinity.

Skills Overview:
    Fury of Storm Skills (Lightning DPS)

Attunes toward Battle.

The Lightning line is the easiest and my recommendation while leveling up and during PvMP. Most of the skills are not inductions, are on a very short cool down timer and can be used while moving and deliver very high DPS as well as adequate self-heals. I am not dogging out the Fire or Healing specs, as they are awesome in their places, but they are made more for Fellowship or Raid circumstances since you will find a lot of long inductions in there that are pretty easily broken.

Skills

Scribe's Spark (lv. 1) - The first skill you are able to learn upon character creation. The 3 second cooldown is about the only downside to this hard-hitting damage skill whose damage can be further increased when you gain higher battle attunement and with use of Legendary Item legacies. With the Thunderous Words trait equipped, you will be given a 15% chance of applying a buff to yourself which will decrease the chance of your opponent to resist ...

Single Sign On provided by vBSSO